As a foodie, i love making homemade gifts in the kitchen. This year, I made up a batch of chocolate granola and some pure vanilla extract. Both are super easy to make, check out the recipes below:
Pure Vanilla Extract
3-5 vanilla beans per 8 ounces of vodka
- Split the beans in half lengthways and submerge in vodka. Cover and let infuse for about 6 weeks. It’s as easy as that!
2/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
6 cups rolled oats
1 cup of dried fruit (i used camu cranberries)
1 cup shredded coconut
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
3/4 cup nuts/seeds (i used pumpkin seeds, walnuts and chia seeds)
2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the coconut oil.
- When melted add the cocoa powder and maple syrup and mix well to combine, then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl mix all the other ingredients together then add the chocolate syrup and mix well.
- On parchment lined baking trays (you need 4, or bake in 2 batches), spread out the granola mix and bake for 15 minutes. Take out of oven, give the mix a stir and then return to oven for another 10 mins.
- This is great to have at breakfast mixed with coconut yogurt or even a small amount eaten alone as a snack!
Recipe inspired by Joyous Health Chocolate Chia Granola